The Basics of Quality Link Building For SEO
- In this article I’m going to show you how to learn the basics of quality link building for SEO. Link building is a very important part of any search engine optimization campaign, and if you’re new it can be a little bit confusing. Many people have heard of link farms and wonder how they affect your ranking. I’ll be honest and straight-forward with you, link farms do affect your ranking, but the good news is that it’s not nearly as bad as it sounds. Link farms are just another way to spam the search engines, and there are many legitimate ways to promote your website.
- There are several different types of websites that need a quality link building, but generally they include blogs, ezines, directories, press releases, forums and web pages. There are several ways to get links and all of them have their own particular aspects you have to consider. Some people prefer forums and blogs because they don’t put too much information on them, whereas other people really like to put a lot of information on websites. Whatever you choose you need to make sure that you choose the best.
- If you are using a blog then you need to make sure that your topic matches the theme of the blog. If your blog is about building model rockets then you obviously want to talk about model rocket construction. Similarly if your website is about dog training then you obviously wouldn’t have web pages about it. These two examples are obvious, but link farms are very tricky because you don’t know exactly which sites you are getting links from, some people will complain and say that you are wasting everyone’s time, and other people think that your links are natural and are part of the way search engines view sites.
- There are several things you should remember when choosing links. Firstly, the more links you get the better, as long as they are relevant and in context with your own site. You can’t just have links from some random places, you need to be specific, for example you should link from sites that are about golf, or sailing, or golfing, etc. You don’t want to end up having the same links as some random person who decided to get some links just because they wanted to get some comments about how good their golf clubs are.
- Secondly, you should get links from sites that are related to your topic. This means that you shouldn’t be linked from just any random websites that anyone can find. It is important that you build links from authority sites because that way you will be able to get higher rankings. This will also help you with natural search engine optimization.
- Thirdly, when choosing links you should always ask yourself if the people linking to you are real people. Some people will just give you links because they want to make some quick cash. This is something that you don’t want to do when building your SEO profile. If you get links from random people, then it’s very likely that you are going to be tricked into clicking on a link that will lead to some spam site.
- Finally, don’t just settle for any old link. You should always get a quality, relevant, and quality links from the best sources possible. This is the only way that you will be able to get that all-important PR. This will increase your credibility, which will in turn increase your site’s value.
- There are many other things that you should be aware of when you are learning the basics of quality link building for SEO. You can always hire a company that specializes in this kind of link building service, but that can be expensive. Instead, just remember what you learned today and go out there and get quality links for your website and your business. Remember that search engines are constantly crawling the web looking for new websites to index. Just focus on improving your overall page rank, and your link building campaign will succeed.