Web Design Principles Everyone Should Know
- If you’re into online business, then at the very least you should know what those 10 Web Design Principles are. After all, there are many things that you need to know about how to design a website and get it noticed on the World Wide Web. And the fact is, many people – even those who have been in the industry for years – may not really understand these basics. After all, we live in a fast paced world that is full of new developments. So you have to learn as much as you can – and keep abreast of the latest trends in the industry.
- But first, let’s look at those 10 Web Design Principles. They are very important, and they will help you create an excellent web design. The first principle states that your website should be designed in an easy to read format. People love websites that are easy to understand, and they will most certainly come back to visit them time again.
- Another great thing to remember is that you need to keep your web pages simple. Remember that a website is not a car, or an automobile. It is not meant to convey feelings or tell a story. So forget about trying to use flash, or fancy animation. Keep everything clean and simple, so that visitors feel welcome and comfortable.
- The next principle that you should know about when you’re designing a website is that you need to think about the usability. This is especially true if you’re targeting an international audience. International readers will definitely understand if your website is written in another language. Or even just has certain words that they won’t be able to read.
- The thing about designing a website is that it should be designed so that it is easy to navigate. No one wants to spend their time trying to figure out how to get to a particular part of your site. People want to enjoy what they are doing while they are on the internet. If your site is difficult to navigate or doesn’t make sense, then people are going to move on before they even look at what you have to offer.
- Another thing to keep in mind is that most people prefer to see websites that use white space. If your website has a lot of text, then people will probably wonder what all of the text is talking about. They’ll be more likely to open up a new tab to see what is being said on your website. Therefore, you need to make sure that you keep your text content to a minimum, while including pictures where appropriate.
- Some other important web design principles that you need to be aware of include colors, and logos. These are very important things to consider when you are designing your website. When you choose colors for your web site, keep in mind that there are basic rules that must be followed. For example, be careful what shade of color you use as this can cause eye irritation to certain people. A lot of people like to use blues, but these colors are known to cause eye irritation.
- The bottom line is that design is an important aspect of creating a website that will get you a lot of traffic. There are many companies out there that offer design services. If you are not comfortable with designing your own website, then you should consider hiring a company to do it for you. By following these tips, you will find that getting a website up and running is not that difficult at all.