To improve your web positioning there are no shortcuts. What there are are effective strategies to achieve it. Do not be fooled! Search engine optimization is the art of maximizing your search engine score through individual web pages.
Experience is a good counselor. For this reason, when betting on web positioning and sticking to the first results of Google, you can choose some of these tactics. According to experts, 2020 is a year of strong trends. But if you want to improve your positioning, there are certain factors that you should know.
The BERT algorithm and user-centric optimization
In 2019, the launch of Google’s new BERT algorithm caught a lot of attention. Naturally, every SEO professional wants to learn how to optimize for BERT. However, don’t you think it’s a better idea to create a plan thinking about how your users live their search experiences ?
This could certainly help you surf BERT and any algorithm. Focusing your positioning strategy on the user and the technical delivery of content are the two best tools available to you.
With the incorporation of BERT, Google has taken a great step forward to improve the coincidence between results and search intentions of the user instead of matching by chain. From the point of view of the content, this will have to be written with the real searches that users carry out.
What do the experts say?
Some specialists point out that keyword research may even become less relevant . With the primary dataset for content creation from suggested queries, the smartest SEOs will be those who know how to anticipate and plan their content with search intent in mind.
The search intention above the keywords
Google is continually updating itself to optimize results based on the user’s search intent rather than focusing on content matching keywords. In fact, BERT is one more step in understanding users’ natural language .
SEOs need to understand the nuance of what this means with their content. From now on it will not be necessary to leave most of the work to the keywords. Contents can be written more naturally, without forcing keywords throughout the text.
Web positioning requires quality and optimized content
When it comes to digital marketing, it is clear that content is king. And the truth is that it is the main weapon of web positioning. Therefore, it is necessary to propose quality content that considers both the structure of your site and the internal link strategy , as well as the types of links you create.
To improve your web positioning you must create relevant and valuable content. BERT is a breakthrough. However, Google has made it clear that content quality must remain a priority if you want to secure the future of your Internet business.
On the other hand, the positioning of long tail terms must also be taken into account . In fact, these are still about 70% of all search queries.
In addition, it will help you build the authority of your website and improve the engagement of your content. Therefore, your ROI will also visibly improve in your analytics.
What do you need to create quality optimized content?
The objective of changing the mentality, from the moment web positioning passes through our head until the moment we start to type content. It is content that addresses a complete conversation in a comprehensive way. To do this, you must go through this:
- Understand who your audience is and what their search process is like.
- Understand the intention behind the questions they ask or the problems they need to solve.
- Provide solutions or answers in the formats you prefer through accurate, quality and authoritative content.
- Run this way. At each stage of your journey to create a satisfying experience for your needs over and over again.
1.- Experience and authority to gain confidence in web positioning
The trust generated in the user is also one of the pillars in web positioning strategies. The reason is that, in the face of so much competition, only those who build real relationships with their audiences will be able to stay in the minds of consumers.
The domain authority (DA) is only an indication of the reliability and quality of the content of a website. In this sense, one of the biggest challenges for SEO is the fight against fake news and false information. Two strategies that get traffic very fast, but completely destroy the DA of a site.
2.- Think mobile SEO
Did you know that in October 2016 mobile browsing surpassed desktop browsing? That’s right, according to Tech Spot, mobile and tablet devices now account for 51.3% of all browsing .
Misses you? Do you know that you spend most of your time awake with your mobile in hand? However, you are not considering it as a strategy for your web positioning.
In November 2016, Google introduced the ‘first mobile index’. This means that the mobile version of your website is now the starting point for what Google indexes.
It also introduced Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) to reflect the fact that most of the world’s Internet browsing was now done on mobile devices.
AMP pages use a reduced version of HTML so that content loads with lightning speed and only the essentials. Setting up your WordPress site for accelerated mobile pages is a very effective key positioning strategy.
Basically because the web is slow for many people. In fact, most people who use the Internet do so through a mobile phone, often with a 2G or sometimes 3G connection. Before that, the AMP pages appear that are shown as an essential version of what your page contains.
3.- Voice searches
Think about it, voice searches are the present. A big change is happening in searches thanks to natural language. If you want to increase your web positioning, it is necessary to become an ally of voice searches. Some information to take into account in this regard are:
- 50% of all searches will be voice searches by 2020 : comscore highlights that voice search is already part of everyday life. Again, the easiest way to find an answer is to verbalize and ask a question. It only makes sense that voice search would be used by the masses in the not-too-distant future.
- Between 20 and 25% of mobile inquiries are voice searches , according to Google. Voice search is growing as people become more comfortable using virtual assistants.
- Voice searches consist (on average) of 4 to 8 words , compared to traditional text-based text queries, which are generally 1 to 3 words. It makes sense, doesn’t it? Voice search uses a more natural language.
- Do keyword research and pay attention to how many question-based queries people use to find your website or search for information on your site after using their internal search.
4.- The speed of voice searches
Voice search is faster. Humans can speak 150 words per minute instead of writing 40 words per minute . As a result, according to Statista, 43% of people say that using voice search is faster than using a website or an application. Too:
- 28% of people think that voice search is a more precise form of search.
- 25% of searches in the Windows 10 taskbar are voice. Something that comes from the desktop and not even from a mobile device!
- The 19% of people use Siri at the least once a day and 37% of people use it every month. On the other hand, 23% of Microsoft users use Cortana monthly and 19% Amazon’s Alexa monthly.
- Consumer use is on the rise : 51% of consumers use voice assistants in cars and 39% use voice assistants in their homes. This indicates that there is already a higher level of comfort with voice search technology.
Read More: fashion web design
How to optimize web positioning with voice searches?
Now the big question is how you can optimize content to better suit voice searches. Here are some of the ways it can be accomplished:
- Use more conversational phrases in your writing.
- It includes a FAQ page from which simple answers can be easily extracted.
- Use structured data markup to give voice search devices quick hints about your content.
- Use long-tail keywords : Voice search generally contains many more words than text search.